cobot-tools alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "cobot" category.
Alternatively, view cobot-tools alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
7.7 2.8 cobot-tools VS cobotComputational biology toolkit to collaborate with researchers in constructive protein engineering
Do you think we are missing an alternative of cobot-tools or a related project?
Tools for computational biology
Software required to use cobot-tools
ViennaRNA is a library that already contains lots of useful algorithms that work with RNA sequences. We use it in order to make tools from cobot-tools better.
Installation guide for Linux can be found here.
Some issues occur when you try to install ViennaRNA for MacOS. If you want to avoid them, use the following guide.
Installation of ViennaRNA for MacOS
Installation of ViennaRNA for MacOS can be done in following steps:
- Download library. Here is the link for version 2.4.13.
- Unpack it.
- Go to the directory, where archive has been unpacked.
- Run command
./configure --without-perl --without-python.
- Remove field
-staticfrom the file
- Due to us having changed .am-file, it is needed to install following packages: autoconf and automake. In order to do it, run command:
brew install autoconf automake.
- Run in the root of library command
- Compile library using command
j8- flag that allows us to compile code using 8 jobs).
- Run command
Tools of cobot-tools
Given 'DNA' sequence and position in that sequence designs forward primer for that sequence. Primer will start at the given position.