geos alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Geometry" category.
Alternatively, view geos alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.3 9.2 geos VS hgeometryHGeometry is a library for computing with geometric objects in Haskell. It defines basic geometric types and primitives, and it implements some geometric data structures and algorithms. The main two focusses are: (1) Strong type safety, and (2) implementations of geometric algorithms and data structures that have good asymptotic running time guarantees.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of geos or a related project?
This is a Haskell binding to Geos, the open-source geometry library. Capabilities include:
- Geometries: Point, LineString, Polygon, MultiPoint, MultiLineString, MultiPolygon, GeometryCollection
- Predicates: Intersects, Touches, Disjoint, Crosses, Within, Contains, Overlaps, Equals, Covers
- Operations: Union, Distance, Intersection, Symmetric Difference, Convex Hull, Envelope, Buffer, Simplify, Polygon Assembly, Valid, Area, Length,
- Prepared geometries (pre-spatially indexed)
- STR spatial index
- OGC Well Known Text (WKT) and Well Known Binary (WKB) encoders and decoders. These can be used to parse PostGIS geometry types.