This project aims to supply a rock-solid MQTT 3.1.1 implementation suitable for production use.
The planned features are:
- A broker implementation capable of handing and serving several thousands of connections.
- A client implementation with integrated broker which allows one client to be used by several threads/consumers simultaneously.
- TLS and WebSocket connections.
- An interface for pluggable authentication and authorization.
- High test and benchmark coverage.
Project state (2017-03-22)
- The broker implementation is nearly feature complete and well-tested. The hummingbird project is a full-fledged broker built on-top of this library.
- The client implementation went out of focus for now and is currently commented out. It's still a planned feature and is essentially a low hanging fruit as all the protocol parsers etc. are already in place.
Permission is hereby granted under the terms of the MIT license:
Copyright (c) 2016 Lars Petersen
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the mqtt README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.