hs-scrape alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "hs" category
Do you think we are missing an alternative of hs-scrape or a related project?
A simple and easy scraping automation library in Haskell.
Inspired heavily by Shpider, relying extensively on wreq, xml-conduit, and html-conduit. Also inspired by Mechanize from perl (as well as bindings in other languages such as python and ruby).
- Make sure dependency constraints are sane/used
- Evaulate: Use wreq form params for passing around post data/credentials
- Allow error handler to be passed to Scraper or throw error by default if cursor can't be created?
- (Good idea?) get (and most other things returning the ByteString response) should return the current cursor so you can chain the common scenario of going to a page and extracting an element if needed
- Create tutorials
- Checking reddit messages example
- Logging Into Hacker news example
- Turn example(s?) into tutorials
- Modularize code. It's all in a single file ATM
- getCurrentCursor shouldn't return Maybe, the library should handle it... it's a library error!
- Better test coverage.