lame alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Audio" category.
Alternatively, view lame alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of lame or a related project?
LAME for Haskell
This is a fairly complete high-level Haskell binding to LAME.
- Fast MP3 encoder working in various modes (you specify compression ratio, desired bit-rate, or parameters for VBR), with quite a few interesting options to tweak.
- Setting of all common tags, including pictures.
- No decoding for now. It's actually done via a separate library in LAME.
- Relatively limited (compared to ID3 specs) number of tag fields available for setting.
- Some sample widths are not supported: less than or equal to 8 bit and greater than 16 bits (for integer samples, floats work OK).
- Some psycho-acoustic and noise-shaping settings are not available for tweaking.
Open an issue if something of this is a deal breaker for you, some of these limitations are easily lifted.
Please direct all issues, bugs, and questions to the GitHub issue tracker for this project.
Pull requests are also welcome.
Copyright © 2017–present Mark Karpov
Distributed under BSD 3 clause license.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the lame README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.