language-cil alternatives and similar packages
Based on the ".NET" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of language-cil or a related project?
language-cil: Manipulating Common Intermediate Language AST
Language-Cil is a Haskell library for manipulating CIL abstract syntax and generating .il files using the concrete syntax of CIL.
Common Intermediate Language (CIL), formerly known as Microsoft Intermediate Language (MSIL), is the lowest level language that runs on the Microsoft .NET and Mono platforms.
The examples directory has a couple of files showing how to construct different CIL ASTs.
Read more on the Wikipedia page on Common Intermediate Language.
This library is still very much under development. Only a subset of the full CIL AST is implemented.
A parser for concrete syntax has not yet been implemented.
- Language.Cil Top level module, reexports sub modules
- Language.Cil.Analysis Some analysis functions over AST, not really used yet.
- Language.Cil.Build Smart constructors and convenience functions, it is suggested to use these over raw AST constructors.
- Language.Cil.Pretty Pretty printer function
pr. Returns a
- Language.Cil.Syntax Concrete AST data types.
- Make sure you have Mono or .NET installed.
- Install the library.
Create an AST, eg: module Example where
import Language.Cil main :: IO () main = writeAssembly "Test.il" ass ass :: Assembly ass = simpleAssembly [ nop -- Print message to stdout , ldstr "Enter an integer and press return." , call  Void "mscorlib" "System.Console" "WriteLine" [String] -- Reads an integer from stdin, add one to it, print result to stdout. , call  String "mscorlib" "System.Console" "ReadLine"  , call  Int32 "" "int32" "Parse" [String] , ldc_i4 1 , add , call  Void "mscorlib" "System.Console" "WriteLine" [Int32] , ret ]
Write the AST to a file by running
Run the IL assembler:
Run the generated executable: