n2o alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "N2O" category.
Alternatively, view n2o alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of n2o or a related project?
N2O: TCP MQTT WebSocket
N2O is an embeddable message protocol loop library for WebSocket, HTTP, MQTT and TCP servers. It provides basic features, such as process management, virtual nodes ring for request processing, session, frame encoding, mq and caching services.
- Purpose: High performance protocol relay
- Endpoints: WebSockets, MQTT, TCP
- Dialyzer: REBAR, REBAR3, MAD, MIX
- Hosts: COWBOY, EMQ, MOCHIWEB, RING, TCP, UDP
- Templates: DTL, NITRO
- Abstract Database Layer KVS: FS, MNESIA, ROCKSDB, RIAK, REDIS
- Business Processes: BPE (BPMN 2.0), SCM, ERP, CRM
- HTTP API: REST (proplist/JSON)
- ACTIVE Reloading: Linux, Windows, Mac
- MQTT Chat: REVIEW TT (8000)
- WebSocket Chat: SAMPLE WS (8001)
- Online Client Bank: BANK (8041)
- Instant Messaging: CHAT (8042)
- Product Lifecycle Management: PLM (8043)
N2O was created to bring clarity and sanity to software development. The distribution model is per file basis with ISC license.
The core modules provide OTP start and N2O entry point.
- n2o — N2O OTP Supervisor and Application
- n2o_pi — N2O Processes
- n2o_proto — N2O Loop
- n2o_ring — N2O Ring
MQTT version is implemented as RPC over MQ pattern. N2O service worker started as ring of virtual nodes each runs N2O loop.
$ mad app zero review $ cd review $ mad dep com pla rep $ open http://127.0.0.1:8000
N2O Loop is directly connected and runned inside context of WebSocket handler.
Usually in Erlang we use
gproc OTP message buses.
As such buses are optional in MQTT setup we include bus drivers in WebSocket package.
- n2o_stream — COWBOY and XHR bridge
- n2o_ws — N2O WebSocket Virtual Node
- n2o_heart — PING protocol
- n2o_cowboy — COWBOY API
- n2o_gproc — GPROC bus backend
- n2o_syn — SYN bus backend
$ mad app nitro sample $ cd sample $ mad dep com pla rep $ open https://127.0.0.1:8001/app/index.htm
N2O ships with 3 optional protocols.
- n2o_ftp — N2O File protocol
- n2o_heart — N2O Heart protocol
- nitro_n2o — Nitrogen Web Framework protocol
- bpe_n2o — Business Process Engine protocol
Formatters, Sessions, etc. Optional.
- n2o_bert — BERT encoder/decoder
- n2o_json — JSON encoder/decoder
- n2o_secret — AES/GCM-256 encoder/decoder
- n2o_session — ETS session storage
- bert.js — BERT encoder/decoder
- utf8.js — UTF8 encoder/decoder
- ieee754.js — IEEE754 encoder/decoder
- heart.js — HEART protocol
- ftp.js — FTP protocol
- n2o.js — N2O protocol loop
- mq.js — MQTT client
- N2O Book PDF (outdated)
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the n2o README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.