regex alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "regex" category.
Alternatively, view regex alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
regex-genex9.3 0.0 regex VS regex-genexGiven a list of regexes, generate all possible strings that matches all of them.
regex-applicative9.2 0.0 regex VS regex-applicativeRegex-based parsing with an applicative interface
regex-tdfa8.0 0.0 regex VS regex-tdfaA new all Haskell "tagged" DFA regex engine, inspired by libtre
regex-posix-clib6.7 0.0 regex VS regex-posix-clib"Regex for Windows" C library
regex-applicative-text3.3 0.0 regex VS regex-applicative-textregex-applicative on text
regex-tdfa-quasiquoter2.8 0.0 regex VS regex-tdfa-quasiquoterQuasi-quoter for TDFA (extended POSIX) regular expressions.
regex-easy2.8 0.0 regex VS regex-easysugar for regex-pcre
regex-pcre-text1.8 0.0 regex VS regex-pcre-texthe PCRE/Text backend to accompany regex-base; needs regex-pcre and regex-tdfa-text
regex-tdfa-pipes1.3 0.0 regex VS regex-tdfa-pipesParse with regular expressions on Producers.
Clean code begins in your IDE with SonarLint
Do you think we are missing an alternative of regex or a related project?
regex is a regular expression toolkit for regex-base with:
- a text-replacement toolkit with type-safe text-replacement templates;
- special datatypes for matches and captures;
- compile-time checking of RE syntax;
- a unified means of controlling case-sensitivity and multi-line options;
- high-level AWK-like tools for building text processing apps;
- the option of using match operators with reduced polymorphism on the text and result types;
- regular expression macros including:
- a number of useful RE macros;
- a test bench for testing and documenting new macro environments;
- built-in support for the TDFA and PCRE back ends;
- comprehensive documentation, tutorials and copious examples.
See the About page for details.
regex and regex-examples
The library and tutorial, tests and examples have been split across two packages:
regexpackage contains the regex library with the Posix TDFA back end
regex-with-pcrelibrary package contains the extra modules needed for the PCRE back end
regex-examplespackage contains the tutorial, tests and example programs.
- [X] 2017-04-10 v18.104.22.168 First stable release
- [X] 2017-06-03 v22.214.171.124 PCRE.Text, strict PVP, Update Stackage vrns, add re-top
- [X] 2017-06-04 v126.96.36.199 Fix 188.8.131.52 release bug and provisionally fix UTF8/PCRE interworking
- [X] 2017-06-05 v184.108.40.206 Permit utf8-string-1
- [X] 2017-06-05 v220.127.116.11 Suspend Windows tests for PCRE on UTF-8 text
- [X] 2018-12-14 v18.104.22.168 Fix for GHC 8.4.4, GHC-8.6.2
- [X] 2018-12-18 v22.214.171.124 TDFA quasi quoters not dealing with newlines
- [X] 2018-12-19 v126.96.36.199 Tidy build issues
- [X] 2020-01-27 v188.8.131.52 Adapt for MonadFail/base-4.13/GHC-8.8
- [X] 2021-12-18 v184.108.40.206 Fix for base-220.127.116.11/GHC 9.2.1
See the Roadmap page for details.
The regex blog
Check out the regex blog for news articles and discussion concerning all things regex.
See build status page for details.
Installing the Package
The package can be easily installed with cabal or stack on GHC-8.0, 7.10 or 7.8 for the above platforms. See the Installation page for details.
The Tutorial Tests and Examples
See the Tutorial page and Examples page for details.
If you have any feedback or suggestion then please drop us a line.
The Contact page has more details.
The Haddocks can be found at http://hs.regex.uk.
The Macro Tables
The macro environments are an important part of the package and are documented here.
The regex.uk Directory
A handy overview of the regex.uk domain can be found here.
changelog is posted here.
This library was written and is currently maintained by Chris Dornan aka @cdornan
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the regex README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.