bazel-coverage-report-renderer v0.14.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2021-12-21 // 11 months ago
- 🚚 Moved to exclusive support of Bazel 4
- 👌 Support for GHC 8.8, 8.10, 9.0 and 9.2
- 👍 Asterius support (experimental)
- 👍 Cross-compilation support
- 👌 Support for Bazel 4.1.0 and 4.2.1
- 👌 Support for GHC 8.8.4, 8.10.3, 8.10.4, 8.10.7, 9.0.1 and 9.2.1.
- 📦 Blacklisted empty
- 🍎 More reproducible GHC bindist on macOS. See #1462.
- Track GHC's
lib/settingsas an action input by exposing a
filesattribute in the
haskell_toolchainrule, which is used in downstream actions. See #1478.
- ➕ Added
ghc-bignumto the list of core packages (since GHC 9.0.1).
- Provided a Bazel-compatible version of
ghc-paths. See #1508.
- 👍 Allow different repository names when registering Haskell toolchains for cross-compiling.
- ➕ Added
hsc2hsinto the inputs of
cabal_wrapperso it can be found when cross-compiling.
- 👌 Support for platform constraints for GHCs in Nixpkgs.
haskell_replrule to allow hie-bios to output paths relative to a directory besides the workspace root.
- 🔌 Experimental
haskell_modulerule, with profiling, hs-boot, plugin, preprocessor, package database, dynamic build and Template Haskell support. See #1553.
- 👌 Support for Cabal sublibraries, using the
sublibrary_nameattribute of the
haskell_cabal_library, such that its data files are accessible to
haskell_binaryrules. See #1575.
- 0️⃣ Added
haskell_binaryrules to avoid setting
-fpluginfor every module.
- 👌 Support for using Template Haskell and FFI with static C dependencies. See #1582.
- 👌 Support for Asterius. See #1614, #1618, #1619, #1621, #1643 and #1660.
- 👌 Support for sublibraries in the
- Support for the
- 👌 Support for Bazel pre-4.0.0
- Source file names are explicitly mapped to module names and
corresponding object and interface files in Starlark. The
mainmodule is determined heuristically, but can be overridden with the
main_fileattribute. See #1281.
stack unpacknow uses versioned packages. See #1455.
cabal_wrappernow takes its arguments as JSON.
- 📌 Use GitHub API token in
stack_snapshotpinning, if available, to avoid rate limiting. See #1494.
- Invoke a
runghcfor the execution platform in
compiler_flagsoptions have been renamed to
ghcoptsin macros and rules, for consistency. The old name will still work, but has been deprecated.
- Automatic visibility of
stack_snapshotdependencies to vendored packages. See #1583.
- All REPL targets are tagged as
manual, so are only built on-demand.
- Use a more deterministic
haskell_cabal_*rules to improve reproducibility. See #1648.
stack_snapshotpinning with archives containing Cabal files located deeper down the tree.
- A regression whereby dynamically linked binaries were missing their libraries in the runfiles.
- 🍎 Compatibility issue with macOS Big Sur. See #1442.
Previous changes from v0.13.0
- 👌 Support for GHC 8.10.
- 👌 Support for building fully-static binaries. These binaries have fewer dependencies and are more portable across systems.
- 👌 Support Cabal setup script dependencies. See #1347.
- 👌 Support ghcide.
- 👌 Support building Stackage binaries in
stack_snapshot, not just libraries. See #1304.
- 👍 Better compatibility with --remote_download_minimal.
- 👌 Support Stack snapshot pinning. In the common case, users don't even need to run Stack to resolve a snapshot to a set of package tarballs. The tarballs can be cached in the Bazel repository cache. See #1376.
- The platform name for Nix users has changed. The platforms in
@//haskell/platforms/...are still supported, but are deprecated. Use
- 🏁 Avoid unnecessary recompilation on Windows. See #1280.
- 👉 Use Stack >= 2.3.1 in the implementation of
stack_snapshot. This enables better sdist caching, better performance, and makes
bazel fetchmore effective.
- More aggressive shortening of library names to avoid exceeding MACH-O header size limits on macOS.
- 👉 Make variables are now expanded in compiler and REPL flags. See #1381.
- 🔗 Linking shared libraries and binaries on Linux distributions that have PIE enabled by default, like Ubuntu from at least 18.04 onwards. See #1388.