Monthly Downloads: 160
Programming language: Haskell
License: BSD 3-clause "New" or "Revised" License
Tags: Testing Smallcheck
Latest version: v1.2.1
smallcheck alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "smallcheck" category.
Alternatively, view smallcheck alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
smallcheck-series5.0 0.0 smallcheck VS smallcheck-seriesOrphan Series/CoSeries instances for common types
smallcheck-laws1.8 0.0 smallcheck VS smallcheck-lawsProperty testing for common type classes
Do you think we are missing an alternative of smallcheck or a related project?
SmallCheck: a property-based testing library for Haskell
SmallCheck is a testing library that allows to verify properties for all test cases up to some depth. The test cases are generated automatically by SmallCheck.
Usefulness of such an approach to testing is based on the following observation:
If a program fails to meet its specification in some cases, it almost always fails in some simple case.
To get started with SmallCheck:
- Read the documentation
- If you have experience with QuickCheck, read the comparison of QuickCheck and SmallCheck
- Install it and give it a try!
cabal update; cabal install smallcheck
- Read the paper or other materials from the original authors of SmallCheck (note that that information might be somewhat outdated)
- If you see something that can be improved, please submit an issue
- Check out the source code at GitHub