c14n alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "XML" category.
Alternatively, view c14n alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
hxt-pickle-utils5.5 0.0 c14n VS hxt-pickle-utilsUtility functions for using HXT picklers.
xleb3.6 0.0 c14n VS xlebA simple monadic language for parsing XML structures.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of c14n or a related project?
Haskell bindings for the c14n implementation in libxml (XML canonicalisation). Unfortunately there is (at the time of writing) no pure Haskell implementation, so this seems like the best option.
You need to have
libxml2 installed, including on macOS (with
brew install libxml2). Then build with
Text.XML.C14N module exports a function named
c14n which provides a mid-level interface to the canonicalisation function from
libxml2. It will handle most of the marshalling, but not much more. For example:
> c14n  c14n_1_1  False Nothing "<root>foo<!-- comment -->bar</root>" "<root>foobar</root>"
The arguments, in order, are:
- Parser options, see the module documentation or the libxml2 documentation
- The canonicalisation specification to use (
- A (potentially empty) list of namespace prefixes which is used when the canonicalisation specification used is
- A boolean value indicating whether to keep comments in the output or not.
- An XPath location path used to select a set of nodes that should be included in the canonicalised result
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the c14n README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.