stack-fix alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "stack" category.
Alternatively, view stack-fix alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of stack-fix or a related project?
Haskell Stack Fix
Console program used to fix Stack build errors automatically
How it works
Stack fix works by running
stack build and by parsing and interpreting the build errors/suggestions it applies any build fixes required to the stack.yaml, .cabal, etc. These fixes usually involve specifying build dependencies versions or adding new build dependencies.
To use stack-fix:
stack-fixin the root of your stack project, that's it!
- enjoy not having to waste countless hours on fixing build errors which can be fixed automatically
- Join the Slack channel at: Fairy Tale - Artificial General Intelligence Solutions Slack
- Join the channel #haskell-stack-fix
- Say hi to the team (don't be shy, we're a nice bunch of people :) ) and pick the roles you would want to perform in the project
- Have a look at the kanban board and see if there is any ticket you would want to work on
- Ask to be invited to the GitHub project so that you can push your code to feature branches
- Pick any ticket you wish to work on from the project roadmap kanban board that is in the To Do column
- If the ticket you want to work on does not feel detailed enough to get you an idea on how to work on it contact the project manager and ask him to provide further clarifications
- Any questions regarding what needs to be done in a ticket should be clarified with the project manager
- Assign the ticket to yourself and if it makes sense leave a comment detailing at high level what approach you will take
- Implement the feature on a branch named
feature/42where 42 is the ticket number
- Push your branch to the remote repository
- Move your ticket into closed state
- After code reviews I will merge the code into master. Every code review will get assigned 2 random people so you will need to review other peoples code also if you want to.
- Haskell Engineer
- Haskell Tester
- Haskell DevOps
- Project Manager
- Graphics Designer
The team and their roles
- Răzvan Flavius Panda - Project Manager, Haskell Engineer, Haskell Tester and Mentor
- Andrei Ionescu - Haskell Engineer
- Bondarenko Daniil Evgenevich - Haskell Engineer, Mentor
- Joseph Wooley - Haskell Engineer, Mentor
- Mohammad Hasani - Haskell Engineer, Haskell DevOps
- Oren Rozen - Haskell Engineer
- Vincent Orr - Haskell Engineer, Mentor
Project roadmap kanban board: https://github.com/razvan-panda/haskell-stack-fix/projects/1
Setting up Haskell environment + editor / IDEs
To set up your Haskell environment + editors / IDEs follow the instructions in:
Building the project
cabal v1-install --dependencies-only
- run the command
Why not just fix Haskell Stack directly?
I have considered this but based on my past interactions with the stack team I think it would be best to work on this separate program - which will also offer the possibility of being used as a library from stack.
In a good world the stack team would integrate stack-fix as a library and allow the users to run it using via a stack build argument.
In an ideal world the stack team would apply the stack-fix improvements directly to the stack codebase which would make stack-fix redundant/useless. If that would happen then the mission of stack-fix would be accomplished and the world would be a better place.
Mainly powered by:
- optparse applicative