cipher-aes alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "cipher" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of cipher-aes or a related project?
Fast AES for haskell
This is a simple and efficient AES implementation providing all most important mode of operations.
- C implementation.
- Pure interface to haskell.
- support AESNI instructions if available (Intel and AMD).
- GCM mode only works on byte boundary.
- remove create_round_key from sw implementation.
- add aesni acceleration for aes192.
- add pclmulqdq acceleration for GF.
- make galois multiplication endian safe.
- optimise further (lots of low hanging fruits).
- add a streaming GCM API
- GCM's GMAC support
Some older installed system do not support AESNI instructions, and cabal doesn't have a good mechanism for doing discovery of those old systems limitations.
One can use the following lists of command to solve the problems (doing forget to substitute what need be):
cabal unpack cipher-aes cd cipher-aes-<VERSION> cabal configure --flag -support_aesni <OTHER OPTIONS> cabal install
Another alternative is upgrading your userspace environment to have a gcc version that is at least >= 4.4 (2009), and a binutils >= 2.18 (2007).