morloc v0.33.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-11-03 // over 2 years ago
🚀 This release sets the foundation for morloc. Basic typechecking/inference, code generation, interoperability, and serialization are all working well. Finally
morlocis sufficiently developed to be useful.
The main future goals break down as follows:
- Richer type system - typeclasses, "shapes", semantic types (probably use a logic engine like z3)
- ⚠ Effect handling and error/warning propagation
- Optimization - all current optimizations steps are basically stubs
- 📚 Doxygen-like documentation, caching, manifold hooks and such (see the last release)
- 👌 Improved build system
- 👌 Support for many more languages and a streamlined language onboarding process
- 📦 The MorlocIO package manager and community portal
Previous changes from v0.17.2
🚀 This release marks the version of
morlocthat was used in the poster presented at PyCon 2019 in Cleveland.