raaz alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Codec" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of raaz or a related project?
Raaz: A secure cryptographic library
Raaz is a cryptographic library in Haskell that provide a high level and safe access to a lot of cryptographic operations. The library can be used for standalone cryptographic applications as well as for implementing other network protocols. Some of the features that are unique to raaz are the following
- Pervasive use of types for better safety.
- Default choice of primitives and implementations are safe.
- Mechanism to have multiple implementations for any given cryptographic primitives. An advanced user who has an in-depth knowledge of the platform should be able to plugin the desired implementation.
- Strong emphasis on API design with through documentation.
The recommended way to install raaz is through
3.0 or above. We also require
ghc version 8.4 or above.
cabal build cabal test cabal install
Hacking and Discussion
For hacking see our github repository.
For discussion see our google groups mailing list.
Hangout on irc.freenode.net (channel: #haskell-raaz).
For details please refer to our wiki.
About the name
Raaz (राज़) stands for secret in Hindi.
Copyright 2012 Piyush P Kurur
The library is licensed under
- Apache License, Version 2.0 http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
- BSD 3-Clause license https://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause
You may not use this software except in compliance with one of the above Licenses (at your option).
SPDX-License-Identifier: (Apache-2.0 OR BSD-3-Clause)
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under these Licenses is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. For the exact terms and conditions see the accompanying LICENSE file.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the raaz README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.