shake alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "shake" category
Do you think we are missing an alternative of shake or a related project?
Shake is a tool for writing build systems - an alternative to make, Scons, Ant etc. Shake has been used commercially for over five years, running thousands of builds per day. The website for Shake users is at shakebuild.com.
- Why use Shake? Shake lets you write large robust build systems, which deal properly with generated source files and run quickly. If you are writing a custom build system of any moderate size (more than a few rules) you should use Shake. The advantages over other build systems are detailed in the document Why choose Shake?.
- How do I use Shake? Shake is a Haskell library that you use to define your rules. The Shake manual provides a walk through of a small but realistic example, assuming no Haskell knowledge.
- Generated documentation for all functions, includes lots of examples.
- Blog posts detailing ongoing development work.
- Academic paper on the underlying principles behind Shake.
- Download the Haskell package from Hackage and install it using Cabal.
- Mailing list for any questions/bugs/thoughts on Shake. If you need more information and aren't sure where to start, use the mailing list.
- Questions can be asked on StackOverflow with the tag