integer-simplepackage, upon which this package optionally depended, has been replaced with
integer-pure. The build flag has been renamed accordingly.
🐛 Bug fix: For the
Binaryinstance, If UTF-8 decoding fails during a
get, the error is propagated via
failinstead of an uncatchable crash.
🆕 New function:
🆕 New instances for the
- 🐛 Bug fix: As it turns out, moving the literal rewrite rules to simplifier
phase 2 does not prevent competition with the
unpackrule, which is also active in this phase. Unfortunately this was hidden due to a silly test environment mistake. Moving literal rules back to phase 1 finally fixes GHC Trac #10528 correctly.
- 🐛 Bug fix: As it turns out, moving the literal rewrite rules to simplifier phase 2 does not prevent competition with the
- 🔦 Expose unpackCString#, which you should never use.
- ➕ Added Binary instances for both Text types. (If you have previously been using the text-binary package to get a Binary instance, it is now obsolete.)
- 🛠 Fixed a space leak in UTF-8 decoding
🔋 Feature parity: repeat, cycle, iterate are now implemented for lazy Text, and the Data instance is more complete
🏗 Build speed: an inliner space explosion has been fixed with toCaseFold
🐛 Bug fix: encoding Int to a Builder would infinite-loop if the integer-simple package was used
🗄 Deprecation: OnEncodeError and EncodeError are deprecated, as they are never used
Internals: some types that are used internally in fusion-related functions have moved around, been renamed, or been deleted (we don't bump the major version if .Internal modules change)
Spec compliance: toCaseFold now follows the Unicode 7.0 spec (updated from 6.3)
- 🛠 Fixed an incompatibility with base < 4.5
- ⬆️ Bumped lower bound on deepseq to 1.4 for compatibility with the upcoming GHC 7.10