linenoise alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "User Interfaces" category.
Alternatively, view linenoise alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of linenoise or a related project?
A lightweight readline-replacement library for Haskell based on the
linenoise library. (Not production ready!)
See the demo app for usage, or see the climb library for higher-level building blocks for GHCi-like REPLs with colon-commands.
Differences from alternatives
- This uses FFI to a minimal C library vs pure Haskell
- This uses standard MTL/Unlift typeclasses vs custom ones.
- This does not require the use of a specific monad transformer.
- This offers a
MonadIO/MonadUnliftIOinterface vs raw
- This vendors and statically links its underlying library to simplify the build process.
- This offers a
License and attribution
This library includes the source code and license for
It is a fork of an older library with all licensing and
This project uses
stack to build.
Makefile has a bunch of relevant phony targets for a development workflow including
build- Build the library and demo
download- Update vendored
demo- Run the demo app
deps- Install dev tools
lint- Lint with
format- Format with
docs- Generate docs
In addition, there are targets starting with
ci that are invoked in various CI phases.
- Support unicode (may involve vendoring a
- Verify that the FFI modifications for
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the linenoise README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.