smith-client alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "smith" category
Do you think we are missing an alternative of smith-client or a related project?
This is a client-library for the Smith API.
The goal is to provide a convenient Haskell API for working with the API.
The default 'configure' function will source credentials configuration as follows:
- It will check for an environment provided API key in '$SMITH_JWK'.
- It will fall-back to looking for '$SMITH_HOME/credentials.json' if '$SMITH_HOME' is set.
- It will fall-back to looking for '$HOME/.smith/credentials.json'.
The default 'configure' function will source endpoint configuration as follows:
- It will check for an environment provided endpoint in '$SMITH_ENDPOINT'.
- It will fall-back to the public production endpoint 'https://api.smith.st'.
This library is new, and should have the disclaimers that normally
comes with that. It is expected that most people will interact with
smith-cli rather than directly with this library, however if you
do use this library directly, please note that whilst compatibility
won't be broken unless necessary there are a few parts of the library
(for example error handling) that will be evolved and polished as an
official release version of the API is available.
A crude example:
import qualified Data.Text.IO as Text import qualified Smith.Client as Smith import Smith.Client.Data.User import Smith.Client.Error (SmithError (..)) example :: IO (Either SmithError UserInfo) example = Smith.configure >>= \c -> case c of Left err -> Text.putStrLn . Smith.renderSmithConfigureError $ err Right smith -> Smith.runRequest smith Smith.userinfo
The simplest way to develop this library is working against the Pact stub server (depends on docker).
# Configures and starts a docker container with API stubs. /bin/ghci-stub