macbeth-lib alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Game" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of macbeth-lib or a related project?
Macbeth - A beautiful FICS client
- Windows, potentially in the future
Supported FICS categories
(Bughouse will be supported in the future.)
- Auto-Save games
- Multiple Piece Sets
- Resume Pending games
- Observing games
|All game types|
|⌘ + W||Close Window|
|⌘ + O||Toggle promotion piece|
|Esc||Drop dragged piece|
|X||Cancel last premove|
|Bughouse / Crazyhouse|
Building and Running Macbeth
You'll need to run several commands in a terminal window. Copy and paste each command separately and press
Enter (The commands start after
>). Now let's get started, and open a terminal window.
> brew --version
If it says "command not found", goto https://brew.sh/ and follow the instructions there. When homebrew is installed run these commands:
> brew install git haskell-stack wxmac freealut > git clone https://github.com/tgass/macbeth.git > cd macbeth > cd macbeth-macos > ./bundle.sh > open Macbeth.dmg
sudo apt-get install git haskell-stack libalut-dev libglu1-mesa-dev freeglut3-dev mesa-common-dev libwxgtk3.0-dev lib32z1-dev libwxgtk-media3.0-dev git clone https://github.com/tgass/macbeth.git cd macbeth stack setup ./env.sh stack build --extra-lib-dirs=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ stack exec Macbeth
From time to time I upload a binary for a recent macos here: http://www.macbeth-ficsclient.com
- The piece sets you find in /resources are taken form http://ixian.com/chess/jin-piece-sets/. They are the work of Eric De Mund, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
- The chess board background tiles that I provide are taken from Tim Mann's XBoard/ WinBoard: http://www.tim-mann.org/xboard.html
- The icons used are taken from https://icons8.com/. They are beautiful!
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the macbeth-lib README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.